Friday, April 24, 2009

Salary

Alright, I got bored, and made up the salary system. I went by ratings. The higher the player is rated, the more "points" they are worth. There's also a limit on the amount of players per ranking group you can have. To keep it fair.

Ovr.....Limit...Points
91+..... 2 ... 10
86-90... 5 ... 5
85-81... 15 ... 4
80-71... -- ... 3
70-61... -- ... 2
60-..... -- ... 1

The cap of all the players is 180. I have 156 right now, which is before roster boosts. I did include Leaf as an 86, since Mike said that's where he'd be.

So what'd you all think?

10 comments:

Big Mike said...

So we have limits on how good are players can be?

Michael said...

no?
just the number of good players

Big Mike said...

That's a limit, see that's not really fair because then some players can't get better as the season goes on, I guarantee that almost every team will have more than 5 85 overall guys, especially you and me. I just dont like that rule, no team should be able to get very stacked with the salary system, thats why we have to make one.

sizemorematters said...

yeah... and how do we do free agency then?

Michael said...

I only have like 2 85+ players.
also Sizemore, a players signing points will be his overall

sizemorematters said...

Well then why would you release a player and there would be no bidding...

Michael said...

touche.
Come up with a better system if you can.

I mean we can do fantasy baseball style.

Big Mike said...

Sizemore got to where I was trying too and you will have more than 2 85+, I can name 4 off the top of my head, D.J. Hall, Kevin Jones, Ryan Leaf, and Bryant McFadden. That doesnt mention drafted players or Free Agents.

Michael said...

Wow really?

kay maybe we need to assign the ratings boosts before we do this.

Big Mike said...

No, that shouldnt matter, because we dont need to have a limit on how good the ratings can be on players, just need to make 85+ players paid higher. I will assign all of the boost first, and I think I can do this now that we have an idea out there.