Friday, November 26, 2010

Louisville Shockers Unveil 2011 Uniforms

Yeah I've been in a concept mood alot lately, and before the worst Iron Bowl I have ever watched started I worked on this for a couple hours and finished it after the game. I pm'ed BJ about new Shocker uniforms after the season, they have worn probably the most creative uniforms the past 2 seasons. I wanted to keep that going but make it less Under Armor-ish. So that's exactly what I did, I took inspiration from Virginia Tech's Pro Combat Uniforms. Basically replacing the stripes with Lightning Bolts. I also used Tech's number font because I think it fits the team well. Everything else is pretty similar to the last set. Same Helmet, and black and white pants that are interchangeable. Now to the Pro Combat, once again I used TC's Retro Uniform as a base. The Uniforms are "Electric Blue" Monochromes. I moved the stripes down to the undershirt once again, and then the pants use the same pattern but it is like LSU's Pro Combat stripes. I also included the normal primary logo on the pants. I tried using a real picture of lightning bolts as a texture to use on the helmets and numbers but I couldn't get it to look right.

Home and Away

Alternate and Pro Combat

Hope you like them BJ, I'm sure TC will be able to render it in Inkscape better then I could in Paint but I tried my best to make it look good. If you would like changes to anything just let me know.

I will probably go ahead and unveil Alabama's new uniforms tommorow even though I planned on waiting.

2 comments:

BJBerthiaume said...

These look really good!

Big Mike said...

Thanks man, glad you like them!