Sunday, October 24, 2010

Uniforms and other News!

Okay so everyone has checked in except Burmy, and I think it is safe to say that most people rather replace him anyways. Burmy has been an entertaining owner at some points but he doesn't ever check and I think we just need to have a more lively owner. I think everyone else is okay, but Throwback if you want to stay in the league you need to become more active or you may go out like Burmy.

Now one of the big changes this season is the move to Nike, Nike has taken over the Pro Football World, first they signed a deal with us and now they have signed a deal with the NFL. This year Nike will be giving all 10 Minor League Football teams new uniform cuts and a Pro Combat Alternate Uniform that will be worn in place during a Promotional Uniform Week. This season TC will be placing all of the uniforms on a Style Guide, and we have put together a Uniform history that he is going to start working on and posting to the site soon. This year to get everyone a little bit more involved we are going to have a Combo Schedule, which tells what combos you are going to wear each week. Also if you are getting new uniforms make sure you use 2 helmets, up to 4 jerseys (2 colored, 2 white) and 2 pants. If you want to add a throwback set you can, just make sure to tell me what week you want to wear it so I can change the teambuilder team. Alright I'm going to post the 10 teams, and I may post ideas I have for possible changes but you don't have to listen to them if you don't want haha.

Alabama - New Uniforms this season! I'm not unveiling them to everyone until TC gets done with the style guide.

Boise - New green jerseys in the style of their Away Uniforms, the green jerseys will also be the Home jerseys for this season. Also, tan Uniforms will be made as a alternate in place of brown this year. They are also replacing the tan pants with brown.

Connecticut - I like Throwback's classic uniforms, but I think he should switch his current Anchor Logo with TC's Retro logo, I'm sure he could swap the gold and yellow and use that logo on your current uniform set.

Las Vegas - Mykl has confirmed the Aces are getting new uniforms this season.

Lincoln - Bmac said that there will be minor changes to uniforms.

Louisville - The Shockers will most likely be getting new Nike Styled Uniforms.

Hawaii - New Nike Uniforms in the works, Retro Uniforms will be returning as Alternates this year.

Memphis - It would be nice to seperate them from Quebec, who knows with a new owner they may be rebranding.

Quebec - TC has confirmed new uniforms.

San Antonio - New Helmets with "Glow in the Dark" Flakes added into paint.

23 comments:

Bmac said...

Lincoln is making a few minor changes to their current set, as well as adding something. Stay tuned!

Crash said...

I'd be up for whatever new ideas you'd have on the new set for Hawai'i.

Crash said...

Also, my ProCombat jersey is gonna use that helmet I posted a couple months ago with my huge primary logo on it. Would maybe like some "ray of sun" type imagery on it...

Kevin said...

Only change for now, San Antonio's helmets will feature the Jag's type chameleon paint job. Black with a nice hint of glow in the dark blue. Otherwise I don't see making any more changes.

Bmac said...

Is there a specific template we have to use? I have the Nike template for Inkscape, should I just use that?

TC said...

Bmac, use whatever template you want. I will have to recreate it on the style guides anyway.

Beast Mode said...

I tend to agree on the lack of uniformity on the Grizzlies' uniforms. But I like the current primaries. Would someone be willing to change the alternate to have the same design as the primaries?

TC said...

Yeah Beast, when I put the alternate on the style guide I will change the alternate so it's the same design as the other unis. Good idea to me.

Big Mike said...

Everyone needs to be thinking about what they want their Special Pro Combat Uniforms (taking the place of Retro/TAtC week this year) to be like. You can do anything for them really, the College Pro Combats have some retro influenced uniforms and some out there uniforms.

One last suggestion for you Beast, what about making the Green Jerseys the home since you are making them match the rest of the set. I think that would be good just because there are no other green teams and Lincoln has Brown Home jerseys too.

TC said...

Eh, the Grizzlies did have their colors before the Pioneers did, plus a grizzly IS brown. It's up to Beast though.

Beast Mode said...

Sounds like a good idea to me, Mike. Maybe even get rid of the brown jerseys, and replace them with gold or something?

TC said...

I understand going to a green jersey, but what makes you say a gold jersey?

Big Mike said...

I think he is talking about his tan color Neil, it seems more like a bronze tan color to me then gold. But that sounds pretty cool to me as an alternate but thats up to you. I would also suggest making the white stripe on the helmet the tan color instead.

Beast Mode said...

Yeah, that's what I meant Mike.

Crash said...

FYI, the Tropics won't have an orange alternate jersey this year instead replacing it with the brown Hawaiians throwback jersey from last year.

Big Mike said...

Alright Beast, and I was thinking you would want to do that sizemore, I emailed TC my concept for the Tropics hoping he could build on it some more, I was thinking you could also have a Away version of your Retro uniforms this year. I have an idea for your pro combat too, I'll tell you more about it when TC finishes the new uniforms for you.

Beast Mode said...

I really have no clue as to what my ProCombat's should be though.

Big Mike said...

Okay lol, if you can't think of any ideas I'm sure TC and I can. I mean we did it for most of the retro uniforms last year, we just need know if some of the owners know what they want or if they just want us to come up with something.

Also Beast what are you going to do about the helmet and pants? I'm assuming you want to keep the tan pair and white pair of pants, and I'm not sure if you want to change the helmets any or keep them both the same. I mean with the green jersey, it might be cool to even throw in a green helmet!?

Kevin said...

When do we find out who is home and away for the pro combat week? I would like to get started on my uniforms.

Beast Mode said...

I think I'll stay with the current helmets, and as for pants, how would green look?

Big Mike said...

Green pants might look good, but I think if you are going to keep brown helmets I would add brown pants and keep the white. The brown would look really good with the tan jerseys.

Big Mike said...

Also Kevin, I'm working on a schedule, I would have Brian do it again but I didn't want to rush him so I'l try and have it done within the next day or two.

Beast Mode said...

Alright. I think I'll keep brown pants then.