Friday, July 30, 2010

Playbooks

Okay so I noticed Beast Mode and Sizemore talking about their playbooks, and we have set them before but its a new season, and with the new game out the offenses are even more important, I've noticed the wildcat used in about 3 games already, Alabama, Louisville, and San Antonio all used it I think, I know Louisville for sure because Davenport had a huge run out of it. Anyways, you pick a playbook after any college team, or you can change it to one of the generic set playbooks which are:

-Multiple: Balanced System that uses a variety of formations and plays in order to keep the defense off balance.
-One Back: Designed to Spread the Defense out to create inside running lanes for the RB.
-Spread: A system that's primarily run from the shotgun that spreads the entire field with receivers.
-Pro Style: Uses a short, quick passing game to try and move the ball down the field.
- Run Balance: Run Heavy version of Multiple.
-Option Run: Run first system that uses option as foundation of the offense.
-Run and Shoot: Base personnel includes 4 WR's and 1 RB that is used to spread the defense out.
-Air Raid: Balanced passing attack that utilizes as many receivers as possible.
-Pistol: Combination of the Shotgun and One Back Offense.

Now basically every college team's playbook uses one of these although for example the Alabama Crimson Tide have a one back but they also use a Pistol formation and a Wildcat formation. So some of them are a little bit different then the generic styles.

You can pm me on the boards or let me know on here, My opinion may not matter but I can suggest a offense for you if you like.

7 comments:

Anthony Farris said...

"Run Balance" for Connecticut.

Kevin said...

Run and Shoot please.

BJBerthiaume said...

I'm thinking either one back or multiple, but I'll let mike make the final decision for me.

Big Mike said...

One Back is what Alabama (NCAA) runs, I've used it on the game and I love their playbook, it has a lot of one back but it has some other formations throw in there like the wildcat and pistol. And it has a good bit of shotgun so if your looking for a mix between them Alabamas would be good. I need to check out some more of the other College team playbooks.

Michael said...

Multiple.

Beast Mode said...

Spread for Boise.

Crash said...

I'll repost the Pistol in here FWIW.