Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rebuilding

Well this season was a complete failure, most of the blame is on me and raysox (more so me, since I wasn't as able/willing to sim during this season). It was nice to see Sizemore help out though and step up when this league was at its worst. The thing I miss the most is when this league was fun, we couldn't wait for games to be simmed and the whole atmosphere was fun, and that kind of just disappeared. I think one reason is because I got kind of tired of trying to sim all the games every weekend, it was just to much stress considering I'm usually with friends or just taking time out from a busy school schedule. I think it was a good idea to try and end the season on a high note with the Season Ending Tournament. I think for thee Championship game Sizemore you should do a "broadcast" for it since it is the Championship. The team will be Crowned Season 2 Champion and the Tournament Record will be displayed as the team's final record. I will be out of school in 4 and a half weeks, the week after I'll be on vacation at the beach, so the first week of June will be my most free, Between now and then I will work on getting draft prospects, and instead of having a Season 2 All-Star Game, it will just be played in Alabama for the Summer Season (or Season 3). One good thing about the summer is we have full weeks and all times of the day to sim, and now we have up to 3 or 4 people who can sim. I think what we should do is Supersim and stats from now on until playoffs. I also propose that we do Full-Game Broadcast for the playoffs and Sizemore can sim the East while I will sim the West, that way it can be fair.

One thing we need to do is address owners who are returning for Season 3.
East
Alabama - Big Mike (Returning)
Connecticut - Throwback (Returning)
Memphis - MBurmy (?)
Louisville - BJB (Returning)
Quebec - TC (Returning)

West
Albuquerque - New.Era.Panda (Not Returning!)
Boise - Beast Mode (Returning)
Las Vegas - Mykl (Returning)
Hawai'i - Sizemore (Returning)
San Antonio - Kevin (Returning)

Okay so I need to know if Memphis, Connecticut, and San Antonio's owners are returning for the 3rd season or not. I'm just assuming Mykl and New.Era. are still resigning from the league, if I am wrong please correct me. At the looks we have at least 2 teams possibly 5 teams to replace, so we will need replacements, obviously Droozer and Brian are the top 2 right now seeing as they have been paying a lot of attention to the league. We will probably make a topic asking for applicants and maybe post a thread on the boards looking for replacement owners if we need 3-5.

I don't think we should shoot for a Season 3 Start date just yet, I think we need to get everything organized and have the draft and everything settled first. The ratings will be changed due to 1st Half Season stats. There was just too much productivity out of some players to go unseen as well as some players doing worse then expected. I think Sizemore said the Championship will be this weekend so stick around and let's look for a good start to building Season 3 back up to what the MiLF used to be.

14 comments:

droozer said...

Well, if you only need 3 owners, I remember Bmac was a strong candidate/automatic replacement owner.

sizemorematters said...

Yeah, Bmac was originally supposed to be the replacement owner for the 47s/Polaires when TC was threatening to quit.

Also, a CCSLC thread would be shut down, just look at the Fantasy Info on the boards. Also, who exactly is this Brian? (Hope I don't offend him lol)

That said, I propose unless we only end up with 2 owners dropping out we let these 3 guys in if they want in. After that, I might just propose contraction.

Also, this season let me take whatever the game of the week is and I'll videotape it on my iPod Nano and post it on here. Maybe I could do this for multiple games, idk? And the East vs West playoff idea for simming's golden.

sizemorematters said...

Also Mike, can you add me as a mod on here? Or whatever it's called. I think an admin?

Big Mike said...

Brian is The Barrish on the boards, you know the Fantasy Dictator haha. I think he has actually taken a small leave because he is getting married or something but he has commented on a couple of the topics in the past, and he said he is intrested in joining if we would like him too. I think he would be a great addition. I forgot about Bmac haha, but yeah if we only need 3 replacements, it will go to Droozer, Bmac, and Brian if they still want it. The thread I meant for the boards was like an application thread, not trying to get the league put on the boards. Just letting people know we are looking for owners if we need some (this would only be posted if we need more then 3).

Love the Videotape idea, I was hoping I would get a webcam, or something way back in the winter, I have the money to go buy one so I will probably get a cheap one in time for the season, that way we could both film games and even the playoff games. This would be a great thing because people could actually see what happens in the game.

Big Mike said...

Yeah, I just did so you should be an admin now haha

droozer said...

I would be able to sim games this summer, but I don't have the game (or any money) if I do get it, I'll be sure to let you know

sizemorematters said...

Oh yeah agreed and I figured it was Barrish but... lol.

That said:

"The CCSLC Fantasy Director's committee has come to the decision that the Board will no longer allow off-board fantasy leagues to advertise on the CCSLC. All fantasy leagues posted on this board will be subject to the Fantasy Section Rules and must be started by a member with a minimum of 1 year of membership and a significant contribution to the boards in general."

Of course, we would have Barrish on our side... and sub-sequentially pie!

:D

sizemorematters said...

PS: Where's our championship game this year?

Big Mike said...

Oh my bad, I didn't even know about that. Maybe he would allow it, if not, we could just pm people and put it in our sigs to contact us about it.

And I think the Championship is being played at Minnesota's new stadium.

sizemorematters said...

That's right!

Also, IMO we should try to get it CCSLC certified. I just think it'd work a lot better.

And yeah, I ran across that at some point in the "General Info" subforum I think. Looked it up to get the exact wording.

Michael said...

But if we decrease to 8, we could have like 10 keepers, and redo the rosters. Just to spread out the great players.

sizemorematters said...

That's actually not a half bad idea Mykl.

Anthony Farris said...

Change my '?' to a 'Returning'.

Big Mike said...

Awesome! Thats 8 confirmed, we just need to hear from Burmy. I'm glad to see you back Throwback, and I'm pulling for you and the Navy in the tournament! haha