Saturday, March 19, 2011

Upcoming Season

Hey guys, it has been a loooong time since there has been any activity on the site. I have really been busy with the social life, so I haven't been checking here or even on the boards alot lately and I'm sure it has been the same for most of you. However, I think we can still give season 4 a shot just as long as it is over the summer. I don't know if I will be able to sim as much but I think we can at least give it a try. We really can't have a draft and everything till the NFL gets done with theirs. But until then I just wanted to kind of check in on everyone and just make sure that everyone is still on board, I don't know how possible Season 4 is but we will see. Way back in January I pm'ed CJworks about the Aviators and he sent me this tweaked logo full of color options. Personally I think the logo looks great but it is really up to droozer, and the same with the colors. I kind of like Option 4, and 11 the best, but thats my opinion.

Here are the logo options.

So just let me know what you guys think about the future of the league and the logos.

Thanks, Mike.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Yeah, I'm still game. I'm leaving for England on Wednesday, so I'll be out till next sunday(April 3rd or whatever)

Also, I like 6.

droozer said...

I like 1,3,9 and 12 personally.

Kevin said...

I'm still in, and I like 1, 2, and 3.

Crash said...

I'm definitely game for another year... here's a quick schedule I've whipped up, based around when I'm going places (I'll be gone every weekend in July FWIW)

Draft: May 1ish?
Week 1: May 20-22
Week 2: May 27-30 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Week 3: June 3-5
Week 4: June 10-12
Week 5: June 17-19
Week 6: June 24-26
All-Star Game: July 4*
Week 7: July 8-11
Week 8: July 14-17
Week 9: July 22-25
Week 10: July 29-31**
Conference Semi-Finals: Aug 6, 7***
Conference Finals: Aug 12, 13
MLF Championsip 4: August 20

*Yes, I know the ASG is usually after Week 5, but I figure postponing it an extra week isn't an issue, especially since that's when I start going out of town and thus, can't sim any games. I don't think it'd be a big deal, and after all, 6 weeks is a better gauge of talent anyways.

**These weeks I wouldn't be able to sim at all. The other weeks with a 4 day window are weeks where I'd either be there for the Thursday or Monday of the window.

***These are preliminary, however if Alabama is seeded 2nd or 3rd in the East, I could probably sim on either the 8th or 9th of August.

-----------------------

This way, the season's almost entirely during the summer which should avoid most conflicts (except for travel), and we're done by late August, and we get to get this thing started pretty early on. I put the ASG on the 4th of July just as something that could be cool, and a set of Memorial Day games could see patriotic themes as well.

I think it'd be a good thing if when we set the schedule for the games, we started by assigning specific games to specific days (preliminarily) from the start to make it more realistic. I can actually start working placing the games onto specific dates (i.e. primetime), if you want me to. I'd put 2 games on Thursdays or Mondays when I could only sim on that day, so Mike would only have 3 games to sim over the weekend.